We are all aware that Flu Season is upon us! The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. Below are steps teachers, students, and families can take to help protect us from getting the flu:
• Wash hands often with soap and water;
• Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth;
• Avoid close contact with those who are already sick;
• Get plenty of sleep;
• Eat healthy food and drink plenty of fluids;
• Cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm;
• Stay home if ill for at least 24 hours after fever has gone.
Complete information about the flu and how to contain and manage it may be found at www.flu.gov and at www.cdc.gov/flu.
Please call me with any questions at 732-289-3204